Looking for quotes about giving up on someone you love? We have rounded up the best collection of you gave up on me quotes, sayings, messages, captions, (with images and pictures) which you can relate to if you are heart broken or feel alone.
To give up on someone means to stop hoping that someone will improve and stop trying to help or change them. You find it impossible for them to change for the better so you give up after being tired.
Also See:I Will Never Leave You QuotesSee AlsoWhen Should You Give Up On A Friendship? - My Wise FriendThe Best Tips for Ending a Friendship
In relationships, and with family and friends often such a time comes where after trying relentlessly and still failing you give up hopes of any betterment from that person. You feel hopeless and quit on the hopes on that person.
Also See: I’m Here For You Quotes
When you are struggling and the people who support you the most, give up on you, then it’s very hurting and painful. You feel worthless and lose all the confidence in yourself. Because sometimes when people hold on to you, that can be the biggest encouragement you want at that moment.
These sad you gave up on me quotes might be relatable to you if you are still struggle troubles in your life and your friends or love give up on you.
If you like these quotes, also check out our post on you are enough quotes and rely on yourself quotes to inspire you to be self sufficient and be strong.
You Gave Up On Me Quotes
- “You gave me up so easily.”
- “You gave up on me, way too fast.”
- “To all the people who gave up on me, thank you!!”
- “If you give up on me, I’m going to give up on me too.”
- “I’m tired of fighting. For once I want to be fought for.”
- “If you give up, it simply means you never truly wanted it.”
- “You gave up on me, and I let you go. There’s a difference.”
- “I stood by your side. I didn’t walk away, you pushed me away.”
- “I’ll always regret that I gave up on you. But then I realize that you gave up on me too.”
- “You left me wanting. And though I gave up waiting…. I’ll never stop wishing.” – Ranata Suzuki
- “Usually, I’m all for second chances. But I have no energy left to get my heart broken once again.”
- “Someone shouldn’t need to be faced with your absence to value your presence.”- Nitya Prakash
- “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on them.”
- “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough.”- Joanne Reed
- “I didn’t lose you, you lost me. You gave me up and I hope for the rest of your life you can live and deal with your decision.”
- “For many reasons, you decided to give up on me. You gave up on us. I understand why, and I completely respect your decision.”
- “Quite honestly, I’m not even sure I want to be with you anymore. If you were so quick to give up on us once, I’m sure you would do it again.”
- “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.”
- “When things got hard you left because it was easier for you to walk out than to stand by me and fight I guess you never loved me like you said you did.”
- “I gave up on you after you gave up on me because it was your heart and not mine that I could risk out scratching while all I would do is to caress it.”
- “The fact is, it wasn’t the right time for you. Distance stood between us. But despite it all, I was willing to fight for you. It breaks my heart to know that you weren’t.”
- “When you gave up on me, you gave up on someone who would have never given up on you and so I’m pretty sure you lost more than what I did.” – Sagnika Roy Choudhury
- “I guess I just need you to know how I feel so that I can ultimately move on and find happiness for myself. I need to let you go, so that I can find the one who actually wants to fight for me.”
- “But you didn’t fight. You gave up too easily. You knew the path was going to be hard, so you backed out before you even bothered to try. Even though I could never hate you, honestly, a part of me secretly does.”
- “You gave up on me so easily. And it hurts to realize how replaceable I was. But the thing is, I never gave up on you, remember that. I was there the whole time waiting for you, but now it’s too late for you to come around. Sorry.”
- “You can’t just give up on someone because the situation’s not ideal. Great relationships aren’t great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.”
- “This is the girl who would have done anything for you, if she could have had any guy in the world she still would have picked you. She kept expecting, because she believed in you. But you gave up on her, and now she has given up on you too.”
- “I don’t think you know what love really is. If you did, you’d know that it’s worth fighting for — that I’M worth fighting for. Since you gave up so quickly and easily, the only conclusion I can come to is that you never really loved me — you only thought you did.”
- “You broke up with me. You gave up on us – on our entire future together. You basically reached in and ripped my heart out and now you’re asking me if I’m okay? How the hell am I supposed to be okay, Julliette? What kind of question is that?” – Tahereh Mafi
- “Love doesn’t disappear overnight. It doesn’t just evaporate. Just like falling in love takes time, falling out of it takes time, too. You didn’t wake up one day and just stop loving me. So why didn’t you talk to me sooner? We could’ve spent time repairing our relationship instead of watching it fall apart.”
- “We planned a future together. So what happened to those plans? At some point, I stopped being the person you wanted in the future you had in mind. We mapped out our lives together, but then you just gave up. Now we have no future, and I’m left to wonder if we really had anything real in the past.”
- “You don’t just give up on love. Not when it’s real. Love is so rare, and that’s why when you find it, you fight for the thing that makes you feel better than you ever thought possible. That’s the kind of love I had for you. That’s why I thought you were worth fighting for. I guess you just didn’t feel the same way about me.”
- “I fought for you. While you were giving up, I was fighting with everything I had. We didn’t fail each other — you failed me. So don’t blame me for our relationship falling apart, because that’s on you. I tried my hardest to keep us together, but no matter how hard I tried, it wasn’t enough to make up for your lack of effort.”
- “I thought we were on the same page. We used to be on the exact same word of the exact same sentence of the exact same page in the exact same book, but somehow I kept moving forward and you fell behind. Suddenly our stories were headed in different directions, and you didn’t even fight for us to get back on track.”
- “I thought we had something worth fighting for. Apparently you didn’t, though. Giving up just tells me that you didn’t think our relationship was worth the effort. You didn’t want to try anymore. If you couldn’t coast, then your heart was no longer in it. I thought we had an epic true love, but in the end, your “love” was fleeting.”
- “It felt like you were just afraid of true commitment. You were able to commit to me, but only to a point. You placed limitations on our relationship, and when it came time to expand that commitment, you just bowed out. You didn’t fight for me because you were too afraid to let yourself really love me, and that’s exactly why our relationship failed.”
- “You wasted so much of my time. We spent years together, and for what? For you to just give up in the end? Times got tough and you just couldn’t cut it? That’s BS. I could have been spending my time with someone who actually wanted me, someone, who would do whatever it takes to be with me. That’s what I deserved, and that’s what you should have given me.”
- “I hope one day you will realize I did truly care for you. I promise you’re gonna miss me being there, putting up with you, refusing to give on you. You’re gonna regret everything you’ve done to me, including all the damage you’ve caused. And someday, you’ll turn back and I won’t be waiting for you any longer. I might have been worthless to you, but you’ll miss me, when I become priceless to another.”
- “You promised. You gave me your word. You filled me with hope and security. You told me the things I needed to hear to take the chance and make the jump with you. You made me feel like I was worth it, I was who you wanted. But you shattered that all quite well. You couldn’t take it anymore. You turned around and left me falling without you. You promised me you wouldn’t. But you did. You left me. And you gave up on us.”
- “If I ever decide to give up on you, understand how much that took out of me. I’m the type to give endless chances, always have your back even when you are wrong, and truly accept you for who you are. When the rest of the world doesn’t want you, I will. So if I gave up on you, understand it took everything I had left inside of me to leave you….because if I love you, and care about you, there isn’t anything on the planet I wouldn’t do for you.”
These famous what if quotes are collected from various books, movies, authors, celebrities, who give a meaningful insight about being positive.
Read on to find these sad quotes about people giving up on to reflect your true feeling expressed in words. It’s a depressing and painful experience which anyone goes through when they feel no one is supporting them including their loved ones.
Also check out our posts on just checking on you quotes and women supporting women quotes to inspire you.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more to spread positive vibes.
- "There are a million ways to break a heart. ...
- "All that I know is I don't know how to be something you miss." —Taylor Swift.
- "And it's hard to be at a party when I feel like an open wound." —Taylor Swift.
- "You never think that the last time is the last time.
Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget. I'm not crying because of you; you're not worth it. I'm crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are. This time I wouldn't forget him, because I couldn't ever forgive him - for breaking my heart twice.What is a quote about toxic relationships? ›
Never ever ever EVER turn back to a toxic relationship. You have come so far and doing good. So don't give anyone a second chance to hurt you again. It's only going to get better now.What hurts most in a relationship quotes? ›
- “He knows I'm strong enough to move on. ...
- “Nothing hurts more than realizing he meant everything to you and you meant nothing to him.” – ...
- “There were things I wanted to tell him. ...
- “I can't love you unless I give you up.” – ...
- “The end of love looks like the beginning of war.” –
- "The heart will break, but broken live on." –Lord Byron.
- "Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, the most comforting words of all: This, too, shall pass." –Ann Landers.
Silence gives your ex a chance to notice your absence and really miss having you around. If you stay in touch with them during the aftermath of the breakup, they might not get the chance to miss you properly. When you don't call, text, or ask to see them, your ex is more likely to start wondering what you're up to.How do you express pain in words quotes? ›
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.What is a small heartbreaking quote? ›
- "You know, a heart can be broken, but it keeps on beating, just the same." –Fannie Flagg.
- "It's amazing how someone can break your heart, and you can still love them with all the little pieces." –Ella Harper.
- "I keep thinking about this river somewhere, with the water moving really fast.
“The worst pain is getting hurt by someone you never thought would hurt you.” “Emotional pain is invisible, but it leaves scars that last a lifetime.” “Sometimes the people who hurt us the most are the ones we love the most.” “Emotional damage is like a ripple effect, it spreads to every aspect of your life.”What God says about heartbreak? ›
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” The Good News: Though you may feel defeated, God is closer than you realize. He is always with you and can heal your heart.
I'm finally going to get off this roller coaster. I am truly sorry for the pain that this breakup will cause you. I wish you the best of luck, regardless of what happens. While goodbyes are inevitable, expressing gratitude for the relationship you both shared is also important.What is the best verse for a broken heart? ›
- Psalm 147:3. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. ...
- Isaiah 61:1. ...
- James 5:13. ...
- Isaiah 41:10. ...
- Psalm 46:1-2. ...
- Psalm 55:22. ...
- Psalm 62:8. ...
- Psalm 71:20.
- Make a heartfelt apology.
- Ask for a second chance.
- Lay down what hurt you.
- Be honest about your feelings.
- Listen, in retrospect.
- Prioritize them.
- Fight for what you have.
- Understand each other's perspective.
“Do what you did in the beginning of a relationship and there won't be an end.” “A great relationship doesn't happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end.” Hard times and good times make up strong, solid relationships and marriages.